A collection of excellent resources and research presented at the first Virtual Exhibition Experience during the 61st GC Session, June 6-11, 2022.
This page contains 2 sections: recent research on teaching and learning best practices and pre-teacher education. In addition, several quality resources are listed, along with Dr. George Knight’s research on the social function of Adventist education.
Classroom Teaching & Learning Methods
RESEARCH: Overcoming Five Challenges of Teaching in a Hybrid Classroom. Journal of Adventist Education.
RESEARCH: Online Learning: Strategies for Success. Glynis Bradfield, PhD, Andrews University.
RESEARCH: Creating Teachable Moments in Science. Gary Bradley, PhD.
Preservice Teacher Education
RESEARCH: Preservice Teachers’ Preferred Definitions of Intelligence and Related Demographics. Andrews University.
RESEARCH: Repeating Teaching Experiences using VIrtual Classrooms for Preservice Teachers. Andrews University.
Why Adventist Education?
RESEARCH: The Social Function of Adventist Education, Dr. George Knight.
Book for purchase: Educating for Eternity: A Seventh-day Adventist Philosophy of Education
Additional Adventist Education Resources
- A Statement of Seventh-day Adventist Education Philosophy
- Adventist Circle
- Adventist Educators
- Adventist Educators Speak! Insights on Educating for Eternity
- Adventist Learning Community
- Adventist Ministry on the Public University Campus
- Book Launch – Adventist Educators Speak!
- Code of Ethics for Seventh-day Adventist Educators
- Faith by Design: A Guide for Creating and Implementing a Spiritual Master Plan
- General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Office of Education
- Journal of Adventist Education
- The Journal of Adventist Education Special GC Issue